When moving to a new neighborhood, there should be enough choices for you to pick your new go-to eating place. If you’re looking for Downtown Denver restaurants for lunch, there are plenty of options no matter what you like to eat. Here are some of the best restaurants in downtown Denver.
Book a Table at These Italian Restaurants in Downtown Denver
Besides being one of the best Denver neighborhoods for young professionals, Downtown also has numerous bistros serving Italian cooking. Whether you’re looking for pasta, pizza, desserts, or wine, these spots offer a variety of options that will certainly satisfy your needs:
- The Wolf’s Tailor is one of the top restaurants in downtown Denver. Even though the menu changes daily, there is always a selection of smoked meat and plenty of pasta, amazing bread, and some unusually large meals like pheasant and pork loin.
- Cart-Driver is great if you want to get a few late-night bites in Larimer Street. Besides the incredible clam pizza, try some cherry wine, beer, and expertly crafted cocktails.
Osteria Marco Is Essential for a Romantic Dining Experience
Osteria Marco offers a classic, timeless Italian dining experience with its romantic charm. The bistro offers pasta, cured meat and cheese, and handcrafted pizzas, with an extensive wine selection. If you’re planning a romantic dinner date night, this is the place to be.
Go on an Asian Cuisine Trip
Even though Colorado is landlocked, there is a high demand for certain sea bounties in the area, with many chefs partnering with the greatest suppliers looking to get the freshest specimens. Asian cuisine spots offer plenty of these coastal delicacies, from sushi to oysters and other marine creatures.
Seafood Restaurants in Downtown Denver Offer Plenty of Flavours
Besides the usual well-known sushi, many places offer other seafood. Here are a few that you can check out:
- Jax Fish House is an oceanic restaurant/oyster bar located in Lower Downtown, 17th Street. Besides its energetic nautical theme, the place offers many seasonal delicacies like crab legs, lobster, Spanish octopus, and a good appetizer selection.
- Ocean Prime is an elegant eatery in Larimer Square. Among its offerings are crab cocktails, king crab legs, Maine lobsters, swordfish, and soy-glazed tuna. It has ornamented walls laddered with wines, while the entry has a beautiful staircase. There’s a great upstairs room for big group outings that overlooks the Square.
- Guard and Grace has a certain elegant look to it with plenty of delicacies like grilled Scottish salmon, Maryland crab cakes, and smoked octopus.
Sushi Restaurants in Downtown Denver
There’s no denying that sushi is becoming more popular in western culture. With that in mind, here are some great places where you can find good sushi:
- Sushi Ronin is located in Highland, one of the up and coming neighborhoods in Denver. It has custom-made furniture with some artistic accents with talented chefs whose sushi mimics art. The sushi/sashimi combination is a big draw, as are the multiple courses, know as the omakase. Besides the usual beer, wine, and sake, the place also offers Japanese whiskey.
- Soko Sushi and Sake Bar pays homage to both Korean and Japanese cuisine. Located in Larimer Street, It offers an amazing $10 lunch deal, and there’s a happy hour with discounts on beer, cocktails, and sushi. It also offers the best takeout in Denver, so you can order during the current pandemic lockdown.
- Matsuhisa is one of the best restaurants near Downtown Denver. Located in the Cherry Creek, it’s one of many places run by Noby Matsuhisa, one of the most sought sushi masters. Besides the usual specials, the place also offers lobster tacos and has a great wine selection.
Mexican Restaurants in Downtown Denver
Mexican cooking is known for its amazingly seasoned flavors and spiciness. The scene in Denver encompasses sensational salsa bars and modern bistros. Here are some of the dining places:
- Lola’s patio has an amazing view of the city. There are many things to try out, such as handcrafted guacamole and fried chickpea, and lobster enchiladas. The bar has over 200 tequilas to choose from.
- Tamayo on Larimer Square has striking decore and specializes in creating spins on traditional dishes, including smoked brisket tacos, tuna tartare guacamole, and shrimp and crab enchiladas. Its modern bold cocktails make it one of the best rooftop bars in Denver.
If You Want to Grab a Fast Bite, Dos Santos Offers a Casual and Relaxed Atmosphere
Dos Santos is a family business in Uptown. It brings together a menu with different guacamole preparation techniques, aguachilli, and soft corn tacos. There’s also a bar that has anything you can think of.
Vegetarian and Vegan Restaurants in Downtown Denver
Many new restaurants in Downtown Denver accommodate the rising demand for vegetarian and vegan foods. Here are a few spots you can check out:
- City, O’ City, is one of the better breakfast restaurants in downtown Denver offering delicious coffee, plenty of plant-based meals, and vegan waffles.
- Watercourse is the most popular fully-vegan place in the city. It makes some of the best burgers in Denver despite being fully vegan. The breakfast menu is available throughout the day, and desserts are outstanding.
- Bang Up to the Elephant! is one of the cool places in Denver where quirky and fun veggie choices fill the menu. From Mofongo to Jackfruit Roti and Seitan Cubano, every meal is as exciting as its name. Their great donuts are now also vegan-friendly.
Would you like to try out some other vegan-friendly places in the city? Check out the video below.
Enjoy Food in Downtown Denver Restaurants While Denver Movers Guide Your Move
You’ve found your new favorite spot, but have you found the right Denver movers? Moving stress can become a real issue when relocating. You can make a moving to-do list to keep track of your progress. If you don’t want to burden yourself and just throw a moving away party or take your friend out for lunch to one of these venues, hiring professional but cheap movers in Denver is a good idea. Denver Professional Movers provide plenty of services, from residential moving, which includes every step of household relocation, commercial moves to which will help you move your business, as well as labor service and packing, for when you just need a helping hand. Take note that there are some items movers won’t move, like toxic and flammable substances. Contact Denver Professional Movers, one of the best moving companies in Denver and ask for a free quote.